Connecting a site to tidyDOM with our WordPress plugin allows you to see the latest scan details and download reports without leaving the WordPress dashboard. This is especially useful for agencies and freelancers that want to surface reports for clients, but do not want to set them up with an account on tidyDOM.
Installing the Plugin
Search for tidyDOM from the Add Plugins page in WordPress, or download the plugin from https://wordpress.org/plugins/tidydom.
Configuring the Plugin
First, you’ll need to generate an API key for the site you are setting up.
- From the site dashboard, click Integrations and then Add Integration.
- Click Add CMS Plugin.
- On the next screen, choose the CMS type (WordPress) and click Add.
- Your API Key will be displayed in a modal window. Make note of it, as you will not be able to view it again.
From your Wordpress Admin Dashboard
- After enabling the plugin, you will see a new menu item called Accessibility. Visit the Settings submenu of this new menu item.
- Paste the API key you just generated into the appropriate field.
- Select the user roles you would like to have access to accessibility reports.
- Click save settings.
- If get an error, double check your API key and try again. Contact support if you continue to have issues.
- Click the Accessibility menu item to view/download reports and see configured pages.