The Issues List
After a scan, the issues that were discovered will be listed under the Issues menu item on your site’s dashboard.
Issues are categorized as either Warnings, Errors, or Notices (if enabled) depending on the compliance level you have chosen for the site.
It is best to address Errors first, as they have the highest impact on your site’s accessibility and generally have the clearest path to a solution.
From the issues list, you can click on an individual item to see the detail view. There you will see:
- A description of the issue. Most issues will also have a detailed summary, recommendations, and an example.
- The current assignee.
- A list of all instances of this issue across your site.
- Comments that have been made on this issue.
Issues can be assigned to a user on your team to help coordinate responsibilities between team members.
To assign an issue from the issue page: click the “change assignee” link below the issue title, select a user from the list, and click update.
The current status is visible in the top right, and is one of Active, Resolved (pending scan), Resolved, or Ignored. Clicking on the issue will display a drop down that will update the issue status.
- Active: At least one instance of the issue was seen in the most recent scan and is not ignored.
- Resolved (pending scan): A user has Resolved the issue, but it is pending confirmation on the next scan.
- Resolved: Zero instances of the issue were seen in the most recent scan.
- Ignored: The issue has been flagged to be ignored, and will not be set to Active if instances are seen in a scan.
Commenting on Issues
Add a comment to issues by clicking on the “Comments” tab.
@mentions are supported to tag a team member in a comment. If your team is using the Access Groups feature, only team members who have access to the site will be mentionable.